Fabrication of a Steel Cart FrameRequest for Quote
At Metal Coatings & Mfg. Co., we provide complex metalworking services for our customers' most specialized projects. This was exemplified when we took on the project illustrated here. A client in the sewer and drain cleaning industry required a precision-machined fabricated steel frame, and we were pleased to accept the contract. First of all, a 2D CAD drawing was created that contained all of our customer's specifications. We built this frame from start to finish using every aspect of our shop. These included our saw, shear, punching center, laser, tube bender, machining center, lathe, press brake, iron worker, grinders, welders, powder coating booth, and oven. We constructed it entirely using HRPO steel, and when completed, it measured 46" high by 14" wide by 36" deep. Tightest tolerances were held to ±0.030 throughout the frame, and with ±0.005" achieved on certain components. After machining, this steel frame was deburred, assembled, and powder coated using silver vein powder. We ensured that it met the highest quality standards with in-depth dimensional and visual inspections. The entire project was completed and delivered to our customer in Minnesota within a timeframe of just 4 weeks.
To find out more about this steel frame, please see the following table, or contact us directly for further information.
Fabrication of a Steel Cart Frame Project Highlights
- Product Description
- This frame makes up a Sewer Cleaning Cart
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
Machining - Drilling, Tapping
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Saw, shear, punching center, laser, tube bender, machining center, lathe, press brake, iron worker, drill, grinders, welding and powder coating booth and oven.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 46"H x 14"W x 36"D
- Tightest Tolerances
- +/- .005" on some components +/- .030" throughout.
- Material Used
- HRPO Steel
- Material Finish
- Silver Vein Powder Coated
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Sewer & Drain Cleaning
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 4 weeks
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing